Sunday, January 29, 2012

Marchesa Internship


For an aspiring eveningwear designer, working at Marchesa has been a long time dream of mine. and I am lucky enough to have snagged a highly coveted Design Intern position at the label in my third and final semester at Parsons.

I have only just completed my first week at work and therefore have just begun the process of learning everything there is to learn at this internship. So far though, I am thrilled, and it meets my expectations in every possible way.

I have already seen Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig, I LOVE the girl I work for and despite the long hours, the work is extremely hands on. I have already learned how to dye fabrics and have mirrored and sewn in embroidery patterns into a stunning shift dress which will be featured in the fashion show on Feb 15th at the Mercedes Benz NY Fashion Week!!

I will update this posting later in my internship, but for the time being, I am simply psyched to have been given this opportunity to learn couture and eveningwear design from the best in the industry - that too while taking Couture Techniques and Construction 3 at school

No comments:

Post a Comment